Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Master Bedrooms

It's time again for Kelly's Korner, Show Us Where You Live F-R-I-D-A-Y. Happy Friday and welcome to our master bedroom.
whereyoulivebutton
I wanted a monogrammed cornice board, so I set up an "S" and partial laurel wreath on the computer, printed it, cut it out and glued it on. Simple and quick. Also, I couldn't find a headboard I liked, so I used a screen/room divider!
Master full view
Master flower arrangement
Master Blue Chest 2
Pillows
The black armoire was an ugly ready to assemble cabinet we bought at Wally World. I covered in wallpaper, painted it black and changed the hardware. When people see it, they think it's leather.
Master Black Armoire
S valance
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

48 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good room! You are a true design gal... Everything just flows so well.

Family American Style. said...

Very, Very nice. I like the colors and bed spread.

Jodee said...

You are a fabulous decorator! We just recently painted our bedroom walls blue and I just love them! I should have joined the linky party today!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Very beautiful Felicia.....your room looks fantastic!! The colors are great....and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the toile bedding!!

Happy Weekend!

Lisa

amywelborn said...

This is amazing!!! I love it!

The Starr Family said...

Toile makes me swoon. Looks like a posh little Bed & Breakfast, kudos on the design!

Reid said...

Love the colors!!! And can I say 'wow!' at the walmart cabinet! Neat idea!

Carolin said...

You're in the wrong business Felicia. Absolutely beautiful!

To The Moon and Back said...

Your room is beautiful!

Leslie said...

Aww, so excited your showing off your beautiful home, and your gorgeous taste. Your pictures are beautiful, but they don't do the room justice, since I've seen it in person.
Love it!!!!

mommy24treasures said...

very pretty:)

Christa said...

Wow, I love the black and blue. Very pretty! I also really like the blue dresser!

Jill said...

Um, wow! Your room is gorgeous! What a great post to read as I am just redoing our bedroom this weekend in black and white!!!! I love getting some ideas from you!
Hugs, Jill

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I love the color combo! And your pieces are great - love the headboard and the monogram cornice.

tiarastantrums said...

THIS is ONE gorgeous bedroom!!!!!!!

Marla said...

I feel like I'm in Paris when I step into your room. Could I just rent it out for the weekend?

Martha said...

I love how nice the colors go together! Beautiful room!

Chelsa said...

love the room! great colors!

Gina said...

This is a stunning room. Love the cornice board--I may steal your idea!

Gail said...

You've got an amazing eye, great colors. I'm a toile girl too, it's in our bedroom and Miss Grace's. I'll never tire of it.

Jboo said...

Oh Felicia -- you are amazing!! That is one beautiful room -- wish you lived near me and could give me some advice on decorating -- I surely need it!

Have a great weekend.

Janet

Hannah said...

Beautiful! My husband and I are just getting ready to redecorate our bedroom in the light blue, black and white...love it!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Your room is stunning~ I would have a hard time not spending every waking moment in there!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Krista

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love, love, love, love, love this room!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Love your colors and clean lines! Neat cornice idea! Your bedding is pretty too!

Helen Joy said...

The armoire is amazing! It is really something special!

Shari said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I had that SAME color blue in the living room in my old house and LOVED it, it's so happy and a great contrast the the black.

You AMAZE me!

Wanda said...

LOVE your bedroom! Everything is so well chosen with so much taste and style.

Just beautiful!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a beautiful room : )

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous master bedroom! You have such great taste and an eye for a bargain too! I love the toile and I LOVE the wall color; it goes perfect!! Can't wait till next Friday to see more!!

Courtney said...

I love your room, it is stunning!

Grasso10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grasso10 said...

Great colors! Very clean and I love the comforter.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh Felicia, how stunning! I've always been a fan of toile and it's used so perfectly in your room.
Can I hire you to re-due my home LOL. I have no taste, but know what I like.

Maybe a second career in decorating is your new calling.

Enjoy the beauty of your new room

Ivy

Missy said...

Felicia, girl I love your style!!! I wish you lived closer, as I would hire you to be my interior designer. I LOVE, LOVE the toile comforter. What an oasis!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Again, awesome!! Come do my room!! I even have the black Toile window swags waiting!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend. thanks for the tip on stain guards and sofas. it's been a WHILE since I've been in the market for NEW furniture. most everything has been picked up at re-sale shops or passed down... So I'm not familiar with all the stain guard technology that's out there. I LOVE white and I LOVE your decorating style too! You're little ones are pretty cute too. thanks SAL

ji said...

Love it...and thanks for sharing your little design secrets! :)

Diamonds & Dumptrucks Boutique said...

Hi Giving a quick update, you entered my giveway via kellys korner - i'm having another on my blog! :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Girlfriend.....you have the magic touch! I love seeing your home a room at a time!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful room. I could never decorate like that!

JinXiu said...

ITS LIKE A PAGE OUT OF HOUSE AND GARDENS

LOVE IT

YOU ARE SO CLEVER

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th my friend!

AUDREY {LIL' BOOGER BLOG} said...

WOW! Your room is just beautiful! I love the colors!

Bridget said...

What a great room and a clever decorator! Love all of your ideas! Your room looks lovely!!! Thanks for sharing!

junkermidge said...

That headboard is awesome! I love it!

Midge

CarolinaGirl said...

What a beautiful room! You are so talented!

Michelle R Photography said...

It's beautiful!! I just love toile, but don't have any in my house. I love seeing your beautiful home, as I know I'm sure to catch a glimpse. :)