Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dinner with Ava

For a while now I've been very fatigued and in general, not feeling well.  I just kept trucking along and assumed it was due to a hectic schedule (work and home) and me being an older mom with two young children. After some bloodwork, my doc told me I have hypothyroidism and prescribed some medication.  However, she told me it could take several weeks before I begin to feel better.

Long story short, the boys were out tonight and I was exhausted (didn't feel like cooking) so Ava and I had dinner at PF Changs.   I love to just sit and talk with Ava.  She is a nonstop chatterbox...here are some excerpts from our dinner conversation.

Ava:  Mommy, stupid is not a nice word
Mommy:  That's correct Ava, stupid is not a nice word
Ava:  Ok, I will only say it in the bathroom
     (Still trying to figure out the logic on that one - LOL)

We ordered Mongolian Shrimp, which by the way I highly recommend.  It's not on the menu, but they make it the same way as the Mongolian Beef

Ava:  Is this shrimp mommy?
Mommy:  Yes Ava, it is shrimp
Ava: It taste just like chicken
Mommy:  It's yummy, isn't it?
Ava:  Yes and I want to have my next birthday party here....
     (I don't know how many of her friends would want to come, but I'm sure we could get plenty of adults to show up)

Looking for a great conversation?  Go talk with a child!
Hope everyone is having a great week.

24 comments:

Courtney said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I teach, so I have lots of opportunities to talk to children, and have some interesting conversations!!

Carolin said...

that's too funny Felicia, they do say the cutest things!

Hope you are feeling better soon too, I can only imagine how hard it must be on you.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hehehe... she is to cute... love conversations with kids.... they are just so honest...
Hope you are feeling better soon... I am thinking I may have to do something about my Iron...
Take care...

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry, you haven't been feeling well. I hope your meds kick in asap.

That Ava is so cute..lol.
I hope I get an invite to Ava's party next year. You better start saving your pennies now..hee hee.

I went out to lunch with Lily today, and all she did was lay her head down on the table, and tell me she wanted to go home and go to bed. I'm glad you had better conversation.

Framed by Grace said...

I pray you will feel a lot better! I love PF Changs!! Love the Spicy Chicken...um...yum!!!

Sarah said...

She sounds so cute! Sophie Bug tells me that "stupid is not a nice word" all the time and tells me it is a potty word... isn't that funny? I love listening to our little ones chatter away... so sweet!

I also have hypothyroidism... if they get your levels just right, you will feel like a million bucks here in a couple weeks. I remember how that felt to feel so fatigued! It explained so much once I read up on it and finally got the right balance! Good luck!

Virginia said...

I hope you're feeling much better soon. Don't you love the way little kids minds work? Ava is such a cutie.

Gin =)

mommy24treasures said...

this is one of my absolute fav things of having a toddler.

I hope you feel better soon, and get your energy back, I am so sorry. Its so hard to keep going when all you really want to do is take a nap...

Jboo said...

Hope you feel better soon too! It is fun to hear what little ones are thinking! She's got a great idea there - I would definitely go to a b-day party at PF Changs! Take care.

Janet

Elizabeth said...

i would come to her party; it's my favorite restaurant! i'll have to try the shrimp next time

hope you are feeling better soon!

Shari said...

Hoping they get your levels correct soon - it's going to take a lot of energy to host a birthday party of toddlers at PF Changs:) lol

Jennifer said...

Felicia, I had the same thing happen to me after I had Landree. I was exhausted all the time. I couldn't wait to crash into bed when she napped. My perscription does help, but I also started taking cataplex B (by standard process) and it's made the world of difference for me! I hope you're feeling better soon! Oh, and I would totally come to Ava's party! PF Chang's is my favorite!

Jodee said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Ava's got great taste! We would come to her birthday party too!

I am stilling having problems with Blogger/Internet Explorer! It's making me crazy!

Amanda said...

Awwww...how sweet! I'm glad you had a great dinner & hopefully you will start feeling better soon

Becky said...

Oh Felicia I hope you feel better soon!

Kids are so funny sometimes! Ava is quite the conversationalist. Boy, I hope I get an invite to her next birthday party. ;-) Hee hee....

Hope to see you soon! I made my hotel reservations for the workshop today.

Wanda said...

Same with me. My best talks and times with my 6 year old is when we sneek away for a Mommy and daughter dinner or lunch. It's the best.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Wanda (At Last...)

Bridget said...

Hope you feel better and back to normal soon! Sounds like a perfect girls night out!! Ava sounds like she has quite the personality! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

ps - so far behind but just LOVE Ava's room - adorable!!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!! Glad you went to the doctors...your intuition is usually right!!

What a funny girl....I always wonder where they come up with these things!!

Lisa

Jo said...

I am more than willing to attend Ava's next birthday ~ love PF Changs! Too funny, I wore the same Lily print to school today. I SO hope this finds you feeling better!

Fondly~
Jo

Melanie said...

I guess if you need some cheering up..just talk to Ava!!! I love that she will only say "un-nice" words in the bathroom! So cute!!


I hope you feel better soon!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh she is precious Felicia....just precious. Saying that word in the bathroom is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

What cute conversations! I was thinking the other day I would start keeping a journal of the things our kids say, the silly songs they make up, so I never forget them.

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather. I hope the meds kick in and give you a lift soon, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be just waiting... :(

Linda said...

Felicia.
I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Remember, it is very important to take care of your family, but more important to take care of yourself.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi Felicia,
Yes, Hope you are feeling better by this post!

Love what kids say, even my tot is making some pretty funny two word sentences!

I am going to try and jot them all down...for later:))

Feel better.

Ivy