Thursday, August 14, 2008

Legacy

The lyrics to "Legacy" by Nicole Nordeman, touch me to the very core of my soul. I pray I don't gain the world, but lose my soul. I pray I don't get caught up in the stuff, the material things and temporary trappings of this world. The legacy she sings about...I pray I leave that kind of legacy!

legacy - nicole nordeman

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy How will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough To make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name unapologetically And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this song!!! It is a powerful reminder of what is important.

Anonymous said...

You were right...what a beautiful song with that oh so important reminder. I'm so glad you posted it. :)

We loved hanging out with you all tonight, thanks for a great evening.

Melissa

Football and Fried Rice said...

I, too, LOVe this song!! Nichole Nordeman is awesome - have you heard her song, "small enough"? Talk about rocking me to the core!! I could listen to it over & over and pray it!!

Thanks for sharing!

Marla said...

love this song, something to think about everyday.