Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jake's off to Kindergarten!

Jake was so excited this morning to embark on a new adventure -- kindergarten. Have a great day sweetie. Mommy and Daddy love you bunches.


The First Day of Kindergarten


I used to be so little, but not anymore,
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to Kindergarten - it's the first time for me.
It's great to be big, but I'm scared as can be.

My tummy's in knots. You want to know why?
I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe I'll cry.
When Dad leaves the school and I'm there alone,
I'm thinking that maybe I'll want to go home.

But wait - Mommy said I'll play lots of games,
And meet lots of friends - I can learn all their names.
The first day of Kindergarten, oh there's so much to do!
There's painting and books and a big playground too!

I used to be little, but not anymore.
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to Kindergarten - it's my first day, you see.
It's great to be big! I'm so glad that I'm me.

Author Unknown.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart did a little flip reading this. Next year is Bella's turn to go off to kindergarten~ the days, weeks, months are flying by so quickly!

Good luck Jake, hope your first day of kindergarten was wonderful.

Have a good day,

Krista

Carolin said...

What a big day for the little guy. I'm sure he did well, how did you do? :-)

I well remember crying ALL the way to work after dropping Ryan off for his first day of kindergarden. It was no big deal for him, he just smiled and waved really big like 'go on mom'.

Leslie said...

I hope you had a wonderful day today Jake. Ella says Hi, and she's in Kindergarten too.

I want to hear all about soon.

Love that cute little poem Felicia.

Marla said...

I hope Jake had a wonderful day. I bet he was the cutest guy there.

Becky said...

Yesterday was the first day of kindergarten for my daughter too. Sigh she is growing up too fast.

Oh, and please tell me that is not all the school supplies you had to buy. We had much more than that. Sigh....

Anonymous said...

Oh, they look so happy. What a wonderful day for your family memory book. I hope it was all that and a bag of chips for both of them.

Jodee said...

Felicia -- Do you care if I borrow this poem for my first day of Kindergarten post? It's perfect! You can e-mail me through my profile!

Dawn S. said...

Aww, I bet that was hard! For YOU, not him! :)

LID 3-13-06 for Olivia in China and waiting for Patricia and Philippe in Haiti