Friday, May 29, 2009

Show us where you live Friday - Children's Room

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner hosts a "Show Us Where You Live" segment on Fridays. The theme this week is children's rooms. This is my daughter Ava's room...











This little stool was in my grandparent's house. A little paint, fabric
and trim and Ava has a new addition to her room.
Purchased some pink fabric that I used in various places throughout the room. Bought some inexpensive panels from Target (my mom added the pink fabric at the top to coordinate with the matching shade she also made under the cornice board on the opposite window.) I painted the little armoire in the corner to match the window treatment fabric.





28 comments:

Carolin said...

How adorable Felicia! How I wish I had your creative gene, you've done a wonderful job!

We want to make a playroom in the basement for the kids (it's just a half basement - one that is right off the garage) & I can't even figure out where to begin, much less have a plan for the entire room. sigh.

Leslie said...

So beautiful Felicia. You did an amazing job on Ava's room. I to wish I had your creative gene also.

WoW.

Anonymous said...

Felicia,

This is WONDERFUL!!! So creative!!! And beautiful!!!

Marla said...

Oh my goodness, you are so talented. Ava is one lucky little girl and I agree she is the cutest thing in the room.

Michelle R Photography said...

Wow!! You are so creative!! I just love the tie backs, the painted cabinet and filing cabinet. It all came together so beautifully. And Ava looks so adorable in it!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

It's georgous! You are SO talented!! I've been wanting to add trim to Olivia's ceiling fan....now you have inspired me to get to it!
I love so much about the room but the little filing cabinet is my favorite. Oh, and the Chinese countryside picture.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

All the love that went into creating this beautiful,happy room is so very obvious Felicia...I LOVE IT. And just when can we start your business? I think you got something...let's discuss.

Gorgeous room for a gorgeous, little girl.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ok. That settles it. You are coming over. You would LAUGH at how very little we have for Mya! Adn I am stressed! I want something cute and pink & green!! You are very talented!

Jboo said...

Wow -- what an incredibly beautiful room! You did a fabulous job. Your little Ava is adorable as is your son too. Have a great weekend.

Janet

Denise C said...

I just had to come over and "meet" you! Thanks for your sweet comments...now I must tell you this is the most precious little room!!! You are one talented Mommy!
Absolutely beautiful!
Sweet Blessings,
Denise C

Deb said...

I just came across your blog...what a sweet room Ava has! Perfect for any Jiangxi princess! Our Sophie is also from Jiangxi...

Leslie said...

This room is absolutely beautiful! I love the fabric that you chose. You are going to laugh, the very first outfit that I ever bought for Myah was in that same fabric by Giggle Moon. I loved it and when she came home she was too big to wear it! I didn't know you could purchase that fabric, I would have done Myah's in it too, I loved it that much! You are amazing! Love your painting techniques!

Lori said...

Ava's room is beautiful! You did a great job with reusing things and being creative! I especially love the little curtain on her changing table, so sweet!
I love that fabric too! (I believe I was the lucky recipient of Myah's hand-me-down in that fabric that Leslie mentioned)
Great job with it all!

CarolinaGirl said...

What a beautiful room and a beautiful little girl. You are so talented Ava is a very lucky girl who has a mommy that put so much time and heart into her very own special place.

ji said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! LOve it!

Erica said...

the room is adorable!

Tammy said...

Beautiful little princess room! Love the accents! :)

Nice to "meet" you! TGIF!

Heather said...

I love her room!! It is gorgeous!! You did a great job! love the colors you used!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Felicia...that has to be the sweetest little girls room I have ever seen! Just beautiful.

nancygrayce said...

Great room! I really love the pink piggy bank! I love piggy banks. I put my change in all year long, then give it to the grandchildren when they come! Your room is just truly beautiful

Kristin said...

this has to be my favorite little girl's room that I've seen so far. I just love the painted furniture with the characters. VERY nice!

Blessed Beyond said...

This room is adorable! Precious as can be!

Marla said...

I love this room and the precious little one that sleeps there!

Tara G. said...

Gorgeous!!

JinXiu said...

what an amazing bedroom
fit for a princess

Courtney said...

Beautiful room. I love the green and pink combo!

Lynn said...

Love Ava's room!!! Absolutely adorable, Felicia!

Love the photos of the children on the sidebar --- precious!!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

WOW...lots of compliments! I'll add mine as well. What a great use of color and fabrics!! It's so feminine!! Thanks for sharing. I'm a friend of Leslie C. on-line. :)