My grandfather, retired from an organization that is a huge supporter of the Arts. So, every year he could secure tickets to a preview showing of the Nutcracker. This will be the last year (rest his soul) we'll get tickets from him. We took Jake and Ava tonight: Jake was absolutely entranced, on the edge of his seat. Ava made it until intermission.
Venturing out to the Nutcracker...does Jake have a mischievous look on his face or what?
Clara and the Nutcracker
My favorite part - The Journey Through the Land of Snow
Jake & Daddy's favorite part - The Russian Dancers
(Obviously, taking photographs is not allowed. Nutcracker images courtesy of the internet)
I've seen the Nutcracker so many times and Ava was getting restless, so she and I went out at intermission. Ava's favorite part was getting an ornament for herself, and a Nutcracker for big brother. The funniest thing was she started dancing like a ballerina in the lobby. Maybe she did pay attention?
We topped off the evening with a little trip to Starbucks. My favorite drink of the season is the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. If you haven't had one, I encourage you to do so. So bad for you, but so good.
We topped off the evening with a little trip to Starbucks. My favorite drink of the season is the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. If you haven't had one, I encourage you to do so. So bad for you, but so good.









21 comments:
Beautiful~
I am eagar to share this tradition with Bella, you have encouraged me to at least give it a try even if we have to leave early!
You are so brave. I knew you were going and wondering how Ava was going to do. I think next year we are going to start this with the girls. I love the picture of Clara and the Nutcracker, since I know the little girl. All your pictures a great.
Sounds like you all had a great night!! What a terrific picture of you and your two beautiful children.....
The salted carmel hot chocolate looks like heaven in a mug....Delish!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)
Lisa
What a fun outing! I haven't been to The Nutcracker in years but would like to go again soon. I love the picture of you and the kids.
What a wonderful family outing! Great photos! Am thinking we need to do this do and stop by Starbucks!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Janet
What a fun evening. Such a great tradition, and awesome way to honor your grandfather.
What an amazing evening!! That is cute that Ava started dancing ;)
I HAVE had the salted carmel hot chocolate. YUM! I tried the peppermint white chocolate mocha with peppermint whipped cream today. yikes, no turning back!!!
Felicia, I can't believe how Ava has grown. I can tell Jake is a great big brother. It was so good to hear from you.
I noticed on your blog that you must love nutcrackers. I collect Steinbach nutcrackers and I hope Addie learns to love them as much as I do.
I have to ask...where did your husband get your bracelet? I LOVE it!!!!
Again it was so good to hear from you.
Joanie
Oh what a great time! I would love to see the Nutcracker, never been. Salted carmel hot chocolate? Sounds interesting.
First - I have to tell you that I noticed Ava's shoes :D Love them!
I am so glad the they like the Nutcracker! We are taking the children this week and L. is SO excited! I loved your images too!
Capping the evening off with Starbucks sounds perfect :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D
I love the Nutcracker. So glad you guys got to go and enjoy. I just love the first picture of you and the kids - sooo cute!! Must say I concur about the Starbucks pick - yummy!! Hope you had a nice weekend!
Love that family picture. Leah and I are having a mommy date this Sunday to see the Nutcracker...she's going to be in love. ;)
See you Wednesday!
Melissa
Felicia...how much fun was that!!
You are the prettiest mommy around!! Kiddies are absolutely adorable! Love the pictures of the Nutcracker...
Well...I gave you an award on my blog...I really want you to have it, but don't want you to have to give it to 8 people..you have enough to do already...so we can call it honorary..okay?;-)
Oh man..that hot chocolate sounds awfully good!
Glad you all had such a good time!
Ahhh, your writing and pictures are so peaceful and such a wonderful prelude to Christmas. I am sorry that you are not able to celebrate Christmas with your grandfather this year, but it sounds as if you have the most wonderful memories.
What a great family tradition to have. I am too chicken to take Mia yet. I know that she wouldn't do as good as Ava. I'm glad to hear you had a fun night.
OH that looks like so much fun. We have tickets for next weekend and I am anxious to see how Marlee will like it. Good pictures.
My husband has given my daughter and I tickets to the Nutcracker for many many years. It's something we look forward to each year.
The look on your son's face is fabulous!
Jo
Oh those are good dreams to have...LOVE the salted hot chocolate too!!!!
Kim
I can't wait to take Katie to see the Nutcracker!
Great pictures!!!
Jen
So pretty!! We did that with B2 on Chritmas Eve day one year and I will never forget it!! Thanks for sharing all the lovely shots!!
PS Love your holiday home below!!
I wanted to go to the Nutcraker this year. Landree would have loved it! We just ran out of time. I always went when I was little. What a great tradition.
Post a Comment