We had the best time this holiday season. Christmas Eve we traveled to Stu's home town for the day. My husband is from a quaint, little Americana town. The downtown has brick sidewalks, store fronts decorated with natural fir, pepper berries, and magnolias, and each vintage lamp post is decorated with white lights and wreaths. At night it's beautiful and it takes me back in time.

In the early afternoon, we went to a local nursing home and caroled through the hallways. There was a sweet lady that turned 100 on Christmas Eve. We sang Happy Birthday and Silent Night to her (she was so cute and appreciative, it made me tear up).
This is one of my all-time favorite Christmas traditions!
Then it was off to Scott and Sherry's house (my brother-in-law and sister-in-law) for an early dinner and gift exchange. Sherry had a "girly-girl" tree. It had pink bows with brown polka dots, and pink and green ornaments. Ava's reaction when she saw the tree, was worth the "price of admission"!
She loved the purse from Aunt Nancy and the pink boots from Aunt Toni.
She put them on and kept them on the whole day!!
That's her cousin Kate, she got a purse for Christmas too.
She put them on and kept them on the whole day!!
That's her cousin Kate, she got a purse for Christmas too.
We got back home in time to read a few books, have hot cocoa, and wisk the children to bed before Santa came (see "Twas the Night before Christmas" post).
Christmas morning we woke and had our "forever family of four" Christmas.
On Christmas Day we went to my parent's home. I got to see all my sisters...that was the best gift of all. None of us live in the same town and we are literally spread from east to west across the U.S. It's very hard to get us in the same town at any given time.
Christmas morning we woke and had our "forever family of four" Christmas.
On Christmas Day we went to my parent's home. I got to see all my sisters...that was the best gift of all. None of us live in the same town and we are literally spread from east to west across the U.S. It's very hard to get us in the same town at any given time.
I took loads of pictures but can't possibly post them all. Thanks to all of my family who came in town. I enjoyed my time with you and appreciate you!
Hope everyone had a special Christmas!





14 comments:
It looks like you had a great Christmas. I love the pictures of the kids opening up their gifts. I am so glad you got to spend time with your sisters too! I have two brothers but I always wanted a sister! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Your holiday looked beautiful!! The kids are so cute opening all of their gifts!! I love the picture of you and all of your sisters!!
Happy Holidays:)
Lisa
What a wonderful Christmas. It looks like everyone had a great time. The children look adorable. How fun to be together with all your sisters.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!
Jo
What great pictures! It looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your weekend!
Hope you had a very Happy Holiday! Looks like everyone has huge smiles. It's so nice when family gets together:))
Hugs,
Ivy
How wonderful to be together with your family! It all sounds like an incredibly special time...just like it should be! :)
Thanks for the help...I just emailed you!
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend such a special holiday!
Sounds like a Christmas right out of a book, glad you had a great time.
Felicia -- Will you please e-mail me through my profile? I don't have your e-mail address anymore since our computer crashed. I have a quick question for you. Thanks!
Sounds and looks like you all had a fabulous Christmas. What great photos! How fun that you were able to get together with your sisters! You are all so cute!!
Take care.
Janet
Such great pictures of a Wonderful Christmas.
Loved seeing you with your sisters too. All girls...no boys???
We need to get together sometime in Jan. Haven't seen you guys in ages.
You got the best shots, it really showed the magic!!
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad you got to see all of your sisters too:)
I know what it is like to have family spread everywhere. But you all look as if you had a wonderful time together and you are right, that is the most beautiful gift that you can receive and give.
Post a Comment