Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fun with the kiddos

Making Cookies
Jake and Ava had a big time decorating Christmas cookies.  Ava was all about the sprinkles and Jake was all about the icing.  They each had their own little bowl of icing and individual spreader.  They got to eat the cookies they decorated, as they were licking the spreaders and double dipping. Oh, but they had big fun!
Ava decorating her cookies

Jake decorating his cookies
 
"Designer" Gift Wrapping
The kids and I bought a gift for Daddy, and Jake wanted to wrap it with paper he and Ava designed. So, I covered the gift with heavy paper and Jake and Ava got out the crayons and went to town. Jake was so excited!  He ran and took the gift to Daddy and begged him to go ahead and open it.  He was so excited he couldn't get his words out, he said, "Mommy drew the jolly (he meant holly) and helped with the bow tie :) but Ava and I did everything else.  His little heart had such joy in giving...that's what giving is all about!

16 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my word...so much to comment on...pull up a chair...

First..I LOVE the blue toile curtain in the background!!! We are starting some renovations after the 1st...and I think I know who to turn to for help...it is exactly the kind of feel that I hope to evoke once the dust has settled.

Secondly...darling pictures of the cookie decorating...and EXCELLENT idea about giving them their own decorate and eat sectons...I may try that tomorrow when we bake as the first attempt...not so good!! And I am feeling some pressure...Santa needs his sustinance!!

Lastly...I love the idea of deocrating and then letting the decorate the package...Brilliant!!! I am sure their dad wanted to hang onto the paper and sweet smiles as much as what is IN the box!!!

Happy Holidays!!

Maree said...

Yum!

Sis and I were talking today about the danger of sugar cookies...never met one I didn't like! Yours are lovely!

Your children are too cute....these pictures are wonderful!!

Kam said...

That is so funny that my buddy Kate would mention the toile curtain...I noticed it right away as well! How funny! Love it btw!

And those cookies look super yummy! My mouth is watering! Your kiddies are beautiful! And what a fun day...making Christmas memories!

Deb said...

oh what fun Felicia! I love your fabric in your kitchen! Beautiful! Cookie decorating with kids is oh so fun for them....and it looks like they were loving it! The gift wrapping for Daddy was just too precious!

Thanks for your sweet comment about Sophie's ITP today! I am hopeful with her treatment yesterday that she should have a normal platelet count in a few weeks. With one of her bouts with ITP....we have weekly blood draws for months before her level returned to normal! I hope that Ava never has to deal with it again!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jodee said...

Cute pictures! We decorated sugar cookies today at Grandma Leader's house. The kids had a blast!

I love the homemade wrapping paper idea. We may have to borrow this idea next year!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jennifer said...

Great photos!!!

I love the designer wrap! What a GREAT idea!

Jen

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a cute post!!

Love your little cookie making team....they are adorable....and you kitchen....BEAUTIFUL!!

The designer wrapping paper is such a cute idea.....that is such a gift in itself....I bet Daddy loved it!!

Merry Christmas:)

Lisa

Leslie said...

Cute pics Felicia. Looks like you have finished up on your Kitchen. Love the look, like everyone else does. You need to do a spot light post on your bathroom now. I know everyone will go crazy nuts over that one.

Hope you are enjoying Holidays with your family.

Jo said...

Oh what fun! I love the custom design wrapping paper, it's the best!

Jo

Jboo said...

What great little cookie decorators you have there. Yum -- now I need some cookies and frosting.

Love that the kids were able to design their own wrapping paper! So sweet!

Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!
Janet

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my those cookies look delicious... the paper wrapping... now, that is extra special...

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute...I love the pictures and those cookies look like a pure delight!

I also love the shade in your kitchen with the fringe..so cute and fun!
-sandy toes

mommy24treasures said...

what yummy cookies!
I love the wrap idea.

Sharon said...

You really capturee the whole essense of this!! If I couldn't be at my house, I sure would want to be at YOURS!! hahah

Merry Christmas!!!

3 Peanuts said...

I also LOVE the blue toile fabric in your kitchen! So pretty!!!!

The kids look like they had a great time!

Kim
P.S> They were so neat too...I noticed there were not any crumbs or icing on your beautiful table runner!

Linda said...

Oh, my I just love the pictures and the one with icing on Ava's eyebrow is too much. I know that you all will have a very Merry Christmas. You are a beautiful family.