Friday, September 5, 2008

Fortunate Friday

I heard a song on the radio today and part of the lyrics were "everyday is a bank account and our currency is time". I just love that. Well, I got to spend some "currency" with my parents yesterday. They came over for the day and helped me with some window treatments. I'm so thankful for my parents...my mother is so nurturing, talented, and caring. My father is smart as a whip, can "MacGyver" anything, and is always encouraging. They are both selfless people with servant's hearts. It was fun spending the day with them and getting to work on a little project together. I had bought some lined, velvet panels that needed a little something, something. So, I bought some brown and gold cheetah fabric and some trim. My dad installed the fleur-de-lis hardware, my mom did a little sewing and added the cheetah fabric, and I hot glued the trim on. My mom said, "why don't you let me sew the trim on?" I guess I wanted to feel like I was contributing - lol. Thank you Mom and Dad. I'm fortunate to have you as my parents.

7 comments:

Michelle R Photography said...

Your team project looks beautiful!! How nice that you were able to spend some good, quality currency. :-)

Jboo said...

That turned out so lovely!! It's so nice to be able to spend some time with parents, isn't it!

Have a fun weekend.

Janet

Carolin said...

They look wonderful!

Jodee said...

Wow! Your curtains turned out fabulous! You are such a great decorator! I wish you could help me with Kamree's room!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oofff; do you hire out?! The team effort turned out beautifully!!

Marla said...

Your parents sound heavenly.

I love the curtains, I'm going to need some tips if we ever get moved. Your house is stunning.

Leslie said...

Oh they look great, and every time you look at them they will remind you of the special day with your parents.