Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike (not as in Turner)

Our town was hit by the residuals of Ike on Sunday. We lost power around noon. A big portion of our city is without power and it could take 7-10 days to restore (not complaining, poor Texas is reporting 4+ weeks for restoration). I'm posting from my Mom and Dad's but probably won't be blogging for a week. Look forward to catching up with everyone when I'm back. Please pray for all the families that have suffered fatalities and losses.

9 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Praying for Ike devastation...be safe..

Framed by Grace said...

We're praying too! God bless.

Sharon said...

I wondered where you were!!!! I hope you are keeping in good spirits. I will say a prayer that you are restored to your life ASAP
Miss you already!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you guys are safe. It was so scary at your house on Sunday. I was such a worry wort that night when I couldn't get ahold of you. So glad you guys are ok.

Jboo said...

Glad to hear that you are ok, but being without power is a huge issue. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Take care.

Janet

Anonymous said...

How are things? Hope to hear from you soon!

Michelle R Photography said...

Sorry to hear you lost power, too. I'm glad to hear you are safe!!

Denise C said...

I'll be keeping you and your precious family in my thoughts and prayers! I hope the power is back on quickly and your life is back to normal asap!
Take care sweet friend!

Linda said...

We are hoping that you guys are all doing well and that you presently have power. Terry and I feel so blessed that we only experienced a short power outage. We are both praying for those that live in Texas and other areas of devastation. God Bless.
Linda