Monday, May 4, 2009

My favorite "Fillies"

On Friday, the fillies ran in the Oaks, and on Saturday the thoroughbreds ran in the Derby.  Here are my favorite "Fillies" from  Derby weekend.  My beautiful and classy mom! I'm so glad we got to celebrate Derby together! Wish I would have gotten a picture of my mother-in-law, because she's a classy fillie too!
and my reflective little "Fillie"

23 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So cute!! Your Mom looks great in her pretty hat......and Ava is adorable showing off her "thoroughbred"

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Sweet photos of your Mom and your Ava! Bet it was a fun weekend!

Janet

Sue said...

Two pretty fillies!

Have a great week. : )

Sue

Michelle R Photography said...

Your mom looks like a classy lady. I know she raised one, that's for sure!!

Cute picture of Ava on her painted pony. Was that a Derby Day project?

Marla said...

Definitely pretty ladies, both of them!

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

Beautiful fillies!! Don't you love Derby week? Can't believe it is already over!

Amanda said...

Awww...what great pictures

Kam said...

How fun! Looks like you all just have a blast the 1st weekend of May, huh? So sweet!

Missy said...

I love the two ladies in your life! They are both absolute beauties. I hope you had a great Derby weekend. By the way, I am heading back up to Louisville the last weekend in May and will be attending Adalyn's bday party. Hope to see you!!!

carolinagirl said...

Great photos!!! LOVE the hat!

Melissa said...

two classy, beautiful fillies. Hope you had a great weekend!

Marla said...

What awesome Fillies you have, I'd bet on them! Hope you had a great party.

Jodee said...

Cute pictures! Hope you have a great week!

Deb said...

What cute photos of your Mom and Ava! And what a fun tradition to carry on every year!

Shawnstribe said...

you have abeautiful Mommy!!!!
and your precious lil one is adorable!!!!
I love her horse, or should i say pony : )
xxx
s

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awww...these are great! I love women in hats and pretty purses! Such a southern thing huh?

Love Ava's horse too!

Leslie said...

I can see why they are your favorites!!!!
I just love Ava's hair....and can't wait till Lily's get's cut like that on friday. You'll get to see it on Friday, if we don't get another rain out.

Cynthia said...

Love the new header on your blog!!Love those clothes!!! Love Love them!

ji said...

LOVE the shot of your mom...very classy!! And of course Ava is as cute as ever!!

Sharon said...

Your mother is lovely! She just LOOKS like the perfect mom! And your little girl is too precious with that expression on her pony.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I just popped over here to see if you had updated...I am so far behind with blogs this week...no updates, but WOW....love the new bloggy look...the kids pics are as cute as can be....LOVE the outfits you chose!!

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Oh so cute...how was your computer free day...we did a computer, TV and video game free day a few weeks ago.

Football and Fried Rice said...

2 pretty, sassy ladies! Glad you had a good time!