Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and Gotcha Day Anniversary

I simply adore my mom and aspire to be half the mother she is. She is the definition and the epitome of a great mother. Plus, I'm blessed with the sweetest mother-in-law! When Jake was a baby, he said "mama" for the first time on Mother's Day, and Ava was placed in my arms on Mother's Day. I hold this day near and dear to my heart. Happy Mother's Day to all of you, and for those who are waiting, hold on, your day is coming. I pray that prayer for you.

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2007 - Gotcha Day
Click here


Ode to Ava
(written with love, by your lucky mother)

Your are my beautiful daughter
born in a country afar
The selfless act of another
life with you, my shining star

Conceived in the core of my heart
my sweet blessing from above
Cherished moments and memories
joyous laughter, dreams, and love

Two years we've been together
it's been a beautiful start
You're such a joy-giver and
bring fullness to my heart

I love you Ava Mei-li
you're precious as can be
We love you to the moon and back
your forever family

Love,
Mommy
One of my favorite Ava-isms is when she's trying to ask us if we're
happy for her or proud of her she'll say "Are you happy of me?"
Yes my sweet Ava, "We're very happy of you!!"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

31 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Gotcha Day ...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...
Love this post.. you are a WONDERFUL Mother..
Hugs..
Have a great day..

day by day said...

Oh, what a beautiful post!!! Mother's Day IS extra special for you, isn't it?

And that picture of you with your 2 blessings is just gorgeous!!!

Happy Mom's Day to you!

Leslie said...

Aww, what a precious post Felicia. That peom brought tears to my eyes, because I know how much you love Ava, and her big brother Jake. Your a wonderful mother, and you learned it from a wonderful lady..."your mom." I can say that now, since I met her on Friday.

"Happy Gotcha Day and Mother's Day"
P.S....I'm loving the hair bigtime!!!

Carolin said...

Oh sweet Ava, everyone who knows you is "happy of you"!

Happy Mother's Day Felicia - you're a wonderful mother and have a beautiful family!

Shawnstribe said...

Happy Gotcha and Mommys day!!!
ilove your photos and and your post.
We are truly blessed : )
xxx
s

Shawnstribe said...

Hi Felicia, i just need your email to send you an invite, send me a hi on tomlinson1 tribe @ bt internet.com (no spaces)
ill send you an invite asap : )
xxx
s

Jodee said...

Felicia -- Happy Mother's Day and Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary! I love the poem too!

Gail said...

What a beautiful poem, Happy forever family day. And Happy Mother's Day Felicia!

Stunning photo of you with your sweet children. :)

Becky said...

Happy Mother's Day and Gotcha Day! What great pictures and a great poem for Ava.

Hope you had a fantastic day!

Marla said...

Awwwwww, what a sweet post! LOVE the poem and the photos are just gorgeous.

Happy Mother's Day!

Melissa said...

Happy Gotcha day...Happy Mother's day...precious Ava has touched us and brings joy to us all. I love that little miss soooooo much.

Beautiful poem and photos!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh this is to precious...
I will admit... that I look forward to the 'cute' conversions we will have with Shauna...
Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Mother's Day to you also...

ji said...

Beautiful...absolutely Beautiful!!

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Gotcha Day!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Mother's Day...and what an extra special day it is for you!! What sweet words and beautiful pictrures.....LOVE your hair....you always look like a million bucks!

Lisa

Courtney said...

Happy Mother's Day and Gotcha Day. I love the blog makeover!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Your children are just adorable!! Love the poem to Ava. That is so special. Your Mom is so sweet too. Hope you had an amazing day.
Love & blessings from NC!

Deb said...

I love your ode to Ava Felicia.....so adorable! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day surrounded by your family! Have a great week!

Erin said...

This was such a beautiful post today. I know you've had a wonderful day and how special for you and your sweet family! Happy Mother's Day and Gotcha Day!
Erin

Marla said...

Felicia, you have missed your calling! What an awesome post, love is just pouring out of it. I hope you had a great day! We cant wait to hang out with you guys!

PS LOVE the hair!

Natalie said...

Beautiful post! Happy Mother's Day and Gotcha Day. How fun. I also love the sweet poem.

Natalie

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, Felicia, this post brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful poem! And the precious pictures of Ava's Gotcha Day... and the special moments you shared with Jake and Ava on Mother's Day... and the admiration of your mother and MIL... all so very tear-worthy. What a beautiful post, Felicia. I hope yesterday brought more special memories for you.

Kam said...

How fun to celebrate two great days this weekend! I loved the photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Julie said...

Tres belles photos!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day and Gotcha Day celebration!!! The pictures are beautiful!!!!

Hannah said...

Happy Gotcha day and happy Mothers day. Today (11th) is my son's Gotcha day I love having it so close to Mothers day.

I love the pictures...so beautiful and full of love.

Happy Mothers Day!

Jo said...

Thank you for your sweet "stop by" on Mother's Day. You are so thoughtful. I hope you had the happiest of Mother's Days ~ so much to celebrate!

Have a wonderful week!
Jo

Bridget said...

What a sweet, sweet post! I just love the pictures - you are one adorable family!!! I hope you enjoyed a great Mother's Day and and Gotcha Day anniversary!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I love these photos and your poem to AVA! beauty all around:)

Anonymous said...

What great photos and a percious poem! (I am so behind on my blog reading, can you tell!) I am glad I stopped by to catch up, it was so worth it, including the gotcha day video, thanks for sharing!

Missy said...

I'm just now getting to check in on blogs and I am SO happy to have come to yours. I am in tears. Your love for your family is so beautiful! You are such an incredible person and are blessed beyond measure. The pics of you and your mom and with the kids ... darling!!! The poem...PRICELESS!!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh what a lovely poem to Ava!

Happy belated Mother's Day and Gotcha Day! Wow what a memorable time for you.

Wonderful post.