
I'm posting pics of my kitchen for Kate at Livin' La Vida Lia. She saw a snippet of my kitchen in an earlier post, and was sweet enough to say it was inspiring, as she's in the midst of a remodeling project. Well, after you see more of it, you may change your mind. We bought an old house about a year ago, and like it's character and charm. However, it doesn't have an open floor plan and we knew when we moved in, we'd have to eventually remodel (take the back wall off the kitchen and remodel/expand). After living in this space for almost a year, we realize our remodeling project will be a bigger undertaking than we first imagined. So now we're trying to decide whether to remodel or move.
In the interim, I temporarily decorated my tired, old kitchen.





23 comments:
Your kitchen is gorgeous!! So beautiful..I, too, am inspired!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
It looks beautiful!! Also have an older home and it constantly has needed something. Am hoping we are finished with 2008 - the year of the home repairs and can do something more fun!Love your toile!
Janet
Your kitchen is just beautiful! I love the character in older homes, however, I love the open floor plans in new homes! I wish I could have a little of both!
I just love your kitchen!! It's so whimsical and beautiful!
You are so talented!! I just love your decorating style and taste. Although I don't have any in my home, I LOVE toile!! Love it! And your color combinations are great.
BTW, your new profile photo is adorable. Love the fairy wings!
Well you did a GREAT job. Love the colors and fabrics.
Jen
I was blessed in my last home built in 1932 to have a little of both - openess and character. I couldn't keep up financially with the updates and repairs AND raise a daughter though, so I gave it up. Obviously a great trade-off - Your kitchen makes me miss it:)
Thank you for praying for me. Ummm...this is really beautiful work! Maybe when we move to Mexico you will be able to give me decorating tips with very little space! Big Hugs.
Felicia, You could live in a cardboard box and you could make it look beautiful and inspiring. You have the most talent that I have ever seen. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you soon. Linda
Oh I love it!! You definitely have a gift for details. Very beautiful!
I love your kitchen. It's is so you!
Sorry you guys couldn't make it for New Years Eve, have a great 2009.
Your kitchen is lovely. Hey you can come and decorate my new tired kitchen anytime! I have no talent for that and admire people who do. Great taste!
Old homes have the best charm:))
Ivy
Simpley Beautiful, like everything you touch.
Gorgeous! I am soooooo jealous!
Your kitchen is lovely ~ the toile is fabulous! The colors are beautiful ~ they have a richness to them but are still very warm and inviting.
Good luck on the remodel/move decision. It's always a hard one!
Jo
Felcia,
It looks lovely...thanks for posting the pictures. We lived in a 100 year old Victorian house when we were first married...and I still miss all the details that house had...despite it's need for some love!
We are in the middle of a mess...and I am driving myself crazy second guessing all my choices...I will post progress pictures soon! I am very excited about the antique mantle I picked up shopping with my sister over the holidays. It is going to take a little bit of work (maybe a lot!)...but I love it!
Going back to study your pictures some more!
Hi Felicia,
Happy New Year!! The kitchen looks beautiful....I love your style!! We had an old house before we moved into this one and to be honest...I miss the old charm and character of our old home!! Good luck trying to make you decision....it is always a tough one to make!!
Lisa
I love your kitchen!!! It looks great! I too live in an old house and appreciate all the charms and nuances - along with all of the work! We are in the middle of a renovation project that just doesn't seem to end- oh well!
Just catching up - looks like you had a great Christmas!!! I wish you all the best in the New Year!!!
Very cute Felicia, I have the same problem with our kitchen as well. I am always trying to "make it right" and I am never happy with it.
oh so pretty, I love your style.
It looks beautiful to me:)
Kim
Your kitchen is just beautiful! I love the character in older homes..
Very beautiful
OMGosh, I adore that!! You are so amazingly talented. I have to tell you , you inpsired my wordless wed. I just love that fairy shot of yours
Post a Comment