Monday, January 19, 2009

Musings of a six year old!


Jacob walked into the room and I asked, "Why do you have a candy cane on your ear?"  He said, "Mom, it's not a candy cane, it's my bluetooth!!"
"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" Lauren Bacall

Jake loves legos, especially Star Wars. With another set, he made this cottage. He said it was The Fleur-de-lis Cottage. I just love how I can see his little fingerprints all over his creation.

19 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Jake's cottage is adorable and I love the bluetooth. How creative!
I teach 3 year olds, so I am amazed by their creativity, innocence and love of life on a daily basis! Today we are having a snow day. Yea!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So clever!! That candy cane is a riot....it actually looks more comfortable than the regular blue tooth...lol!!

Loved his version of the Fleur de lis Cottage......Nick is a big lego fan too....he got 3 more sets for his bday yesterday....he was in his glory!!

Have a great day:)

Lisa

Marla said...

Now that's my kind of bluetooth, functional AND delicious! LOL! Very cute lego cottage, too. Looks like you've got a very creative little guy there.

Have a great week!

Jboo said...

What a sweet, funny boy! His Lego creations are very cool.

Janet

Kate said...

How great to be six!!! What a vivid imagination!!! I LOVE the striped blue tooth...he may be on to something!!!

Kam said...

Love that blue tooth comment...that's a keeper! And I'm amazed at people who can build stuff out of Lego...has he ever been to Disney World? At Downtown Disney (shops) they have a Lego store and have a ton of life size pieces. Even some coming out of the water of the Lagoon outside. Amazing! He rocks!

Jo said...

Love the bluetooth ~ great imagination!

When my son was younger we had Lego creations everywhere. I must admit that from time to time I could be found on his bedroom floor building with him and just as focused on the task at hand! :)

Jo

Patty said...

Bluetooth! That's funny..just imagine, he will never remember a time without that technology.

carolinagirl said...

Jake does have a serious imagination! I love the candy cane bluetooth>

3 Peanuts said...

I love it! My boys do that too. For YEARS..Harry's Incredibles hone (really a toddler toy) was an Ipod, a blackberry, a nintendo DS..you name it!!! SO clever. ANd I love the Fleur de lis cottage! Kate justy got some legos just like those but in PINK!

Kim

Strobist Girl said...

That is priceless! You have to just love him!
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Jodee said...

What an imagination! I love the cottage too!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is to funny... the bluetooth... think he is colour blind - it is a red and white tooth...

Michelle R Photography said...

A bluetooth?!? That's hilarious! What a smart little guy. And very creative!!

Missy said...

What an incredible imagination your little fellow has! HOW WONDERFUL! I love it!

Lori said...

Love the cottage and his snazzy "blue tooth"! haha How creative!
Ava is so cute in her outfit! :)

Deb said...

love the Fleur de lis cottage!! and of course the blue tooth too! :)

Deb said...

love the Fleur de lis cottage!! and of course the blue tooth too! :)

Leslie said...

Was Jake talking to Ella on his blue tooth??? I hope so, because Jake is still being talked to on phones here. Man he can leave a lasting impression...maybe because he's so darn cute!!!

Cute post...let's get the kids together soon