Saturday, October 4, 2008

Murals

My husband and I have a little side business painting murals. We especially love to do murals for childrens' rooms. It's something we love to do together, but recently he completed this mural on his own for Bryce (a little boy who happens to love construction equipment.) We all have gifts and talents that God has given us. I'm thankful God gave Stu artistic ability to share with others. This mural is right above Bryce's bed. We hope it brings him joy everytime he sees it.

(To see detail double click to enlarge)


Remember the book "Where the Wild Things Are"? This is a mural we did together for a preschool:

21 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

You guys are GIFTED!! Amazing! Do you have a website?? Etsy shop?? Come on!!! Share the wealth!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What Talent! Those murals are incredible!

That was always one of my favorite books!

Have a nice weekend!

Lisa

PS..Love your new look!

Jodee said...

Wow! You guys are sooo talented! How fun to have a hobby that you can do together.

Love your new blog look too!

Carolin said...

Goodness, you guys make quite a team, that's awesome!!! And what a neat mural that is too!

Bridget said...

Oh I just LOVE the murals. I love the book Where the wild things are-so needless to say I think that mural is great - wish you lived close by and you could work on Lucy's room. Thanks for your sweet message - love you to add us to your blogroll. Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Patty said...

What awesome talents you both are! Love your new header, too. Any updates on Roger's surgery?

Anonymous said...

Love it! You are both incredibly talented--isn't it awesome that you can pour your creative energy into something that makes people so happy?

You truly are a dynamc duo. :)

Jboo said...

Wow -- you two are really talented! What a fun thing to do together!

Have a great week!

Janet

P.S. Your new blog look is very cool!

Leslie said...

I'm so very impressed Felicia. I know who to call when I want something painted...lol. That is a God given talent for sure. One God didn't bless me with either.

Love your new look too.
How's Roger doing?

jennifer said...

My Bryce would have LOVED that when he was little. It is adorable. He was obsessed with work trucks.

You need to paint on canvas, so we can buy them!

Marla said...

WOW, you guys are great! Hopefully one day I can get you guys to do one for Adalyn when we get in our new house.
Also, love your family pictures. You guys are a very beautiful family.

Sharon said...

THat is amazing!! You are sooo soo lucky (blessed) to have this to do together and be so fantastically talented! Something great to share with the world!

PS I am saying a prayer for your uncle!!

3 Peanuts said...

Those are so cute! I just saw the photos of you on Debbie's blog..they are incredbile!!!!! Your family is beautiful!

Dave and I think that Ava bears a atrinking similarity to Kate. So cute.

Michelle R Photography said...

Felicia,
First of all, I just came off of PFP's blog. Your family photos are just AMAZING!!! What a beautiful family!!

I love the murals. That is so great you two can do that together. You are both talented!

How is your BIL doing after his surgery?

Denise C said...

WOW..you all certainly do have a gift!!!! These murals are gorgeous!!! I love that book!!!
Have a blessed week!!!!
Denise

Monogramchick said...

What beautiful murals...y'all are so talented!

Deb said...

wow.....you guys are so talented! Love the murals....I also saw your photos on Debbie's blog....they are beautiful! Hope we get a peak at your Christmas photo idea sometime! :)

Lori said...

Wow kabow, those are wonderful!! I think you both received triple doses of "artistic ability"!! Great job and way to share those talents to encourage others!! :)

Melanie said...

Beautiful!!! I love the trucks! We don't have any of those around here. Everything is pink and it drives my husband crazy! :)

Dawn S. said...

That is so cool!!

Lori said...

I forgot to say that I saw your family photos a few days back and they are just gorgeous!!! I really, really loved them! I'm hoping you'll post a picture at Christmastime so I can see your wonderful Christmas card idea! (hint) :)
Have a great week!