Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

I really love interior design and buildings/architecture.   I've started a little collection of Sid Dickens tiles, and one of my tiles inspired me for this week's "Black and White Wednesday".  I tried to crop as much of the wall out as possible (while leaving the detail of the tile) but a little bit is still peeking through.


To view other b&w photography or participate, head over here.

29 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I LOVE it.....what a cool tile and it makes a beautiful black and white......I love all the detail and texture in it!!

Have a Happy Wednesday:)

xo,

Lisa

Wanda said...

Great black and white!! I love this tile. Love the design. Super idea to turn it blk&wh.

I've always been fascinated with architecture too. (I use to draw up floor plans as a teen.)
I'm curious what the original color of this tile is? I really love it.

Happy Wednesday!

Michelle R Photography said...

What a beautiful choice for a b/w conversion. I love the texture and detail!

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is a gorgeous tile - you always have such an eye for all things beautiful!

Denise said...

Love this! Makes me want to step out of my comfort zone and take pictures of something other than my kids..and they would enjoy the break too I am sure!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tile. I love old architecture too. Great job with this photo.

Love Letters To China said...

Gorgeous! It looks like you've applied textures to it, but I'm assuming that's the original tiles finish.

carolinagirl said...

I love this tile. It is beautiful in black and white - would love to see the color version too! :)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!! The detail is incredible!!!! So very creative of you!! : )

Robin said...

WOW ... what a super cool tile. The texture and design is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i love it. this is the sort of pic i would take. you and i would get along great.
best wishes

Gail said...

Stunning, Felicia!!!! One of my favs for the day. I adore any architectural element and this is beautiful. Love the curves, flourishes and details, make a fabulous black and white. :)

Lucy said...

This is a very interesting shot, love all the detail. it would be a great one to frame.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Incredible picture...love it!

Marla said...

Beautiful shot! What a cool tile!!

Missy said...

Stunning conversion! Love the tile, too :)

Jo said...

What a fabulous tile ~ the details are beautiful!

Jo

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! I even like the little bit of wall giving it some context.

Sarah Andrews said...

Really neat shot and idea!

Donna said...

How beautiful and creative!!! Love the details!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Fabulous shot! So crisp... and the depth...

Amy said...

The texture on this tile is so pretty. And it makes for a great b&w.

I wanted to also say that I love your color splash in the previous post (Joy). I make color splash pics often; they are so much fun!

Kam said...

What a fantastic photo! Love it! You have such great style!

Kim said...

Cool photo. I also like the one from last week. My daughter has the same sweater, its my favorite. Thanks for stopping by today.

Virginia said...

Love it! You can really see the relief and detail. Perfect for black and white.

Gin =)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Architectural details in black and white! That is just PURE perfection : ). I love it!

Lisa said...

What an interesting passion...I love that you caught the words too...

This intrigues me so much!

AND your family is simply beautiful!

Ashia said...

this must be the first time that i've visited your blog, because surely i would have remembered how beautiful your children are!!! love your b&w photo, too! it has great contrast!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Love this!! Great pic!