Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Catching up" on Jake!

I use my blog as a scrapbook to capture life's moments and memories. When it comes to Jake, I've neglected that aspect of my blog. Jake turned seven back in October, and we had a Carnvial Birthday Party in our backyard. Here are a few collages from his big day!
Jake Collage 2
Jakecollage1

About an hour ago, Jake was in his room, and he was eerily quiet. I went up to check on him and this is what I found....he was making book castles! I knew he loved to read, but I guess he likes books for more than just reading!
Jake gritty

14 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

What an AWESOME Birthday party!!! Did you do all that yourself? I am v-e-r-y impressed - i can't let my kids see or they will be incredibly disappointed ;)

Love the book castles! We make roads and tracks out of ours here!

Kim said...

WOW.. what an AMAZING Birthday Party... LOVE IT..
Great choice..
as for the the book castle.. great thinking..
Love his little bookstand..
have a great week..
Hugs..

Kam said...

Holy cats! What a cool birthday party! He's so handsome! And I'm totally diggin' those book castles!

Wanda said...

Now that's a great birthday celebration....with great style and lots of fun.

What an interesting boy, thinking out of the box like that.

Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

he is so cute! looks like a great party. the cake is to die for!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

His party looked amazing!! You through one heck of a bash.......talk about party planning. You my friend, could have a new career:)

Love that Jake built castles with his books......what a creative mind. I wonder where he gets that......

xo,

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like a FABULOUS party. It looks like it is out of a magazine!!!! Love the castles. That is something my boys would do too!

Gail said...

What a fun birthday party your guy had!!!!

Great pics as always Felicia!

CarolinaGirl said...

Wow, that is one spectacular party! Way to go mom!

Jodee said...

What a fabulous party! I love all of the details! You didn't miss a thing!

Hope you have a great week!

Hannah said...

That is an AWESOME party!! That is seriously awesome.

I love his book castle too!

Jboo said...

Looks like it was a really fun party! Love that he uses books for things other than reading -- very creative! Hope you have a great week!

Janet

Marla said...

The party was amazing, we had a blast. You throw one great party my friend.

Sharon said...

I was looking through to catch up and every shot is beautiful! Loved his bdayparty! fantastic! What a lucky boy and he looked like he loved it. You are an amazing mommy, that looked like tons of work. haha. Loe your christmas decorations and Eva gorgeous big girl room!! I love your posts Felicia!!