Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Chandelier

I had a great time participating in the I Heart Faces Photowalk.  There's a restaurant/hotel in town that's sort of funky, edgy, and artsy.   People drive for miles, just for their espresso martinis.   I loved the Chandelier outside their entrance. 
PS chandelier

I really like it in color, but here it is converted to black and white
chandelier b and w

Happy Black & White Wednesday Everyone. To participate or view other grayscales, go here

26 comments:

Jodee said...

Great picture! I especially love it in black and white!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so awesome and I cant wait to meet you next months at Lisa's workshop! Your so good at photography, I think you could teach the class as well!

Beautiful picture!

Love Letters To China said...

Love this photo! It's so funny that most people go for martini's, but if you have a photographers eye you go for the chandelier. ;-)

Ashley Sisk said...

I like them both but I really like the B&W.

Gail said...

Wonderful black and white! hmmm...espresso martinis. Sound VERY interesting! :)

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

OK, I liked my picture until I saw yours!! Absolutely breathtaking!! Fantastic!! :-)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I would drive miles and miles for an espresso martini:) Sounds GOOD....But I bet it is not as good as your Vapory Chocolate Martini:)

Love this photo of the chandelier.....so very cool!! I am so glad that you were able to do the photowalk.....your pictures totally rocked!!

SO VERY EXCITED you are making the trip in for the workshop!! It is going to be a wonderful weekend for all.....seriously, I think I am more excited than all of you combined!!

Have a great day~

Lisa

Kayce said...

Great picture! I love both the color and black and white! Happy Wednesday!

Love Being A Nonny said...

LOVE a chandelier! Love this picture!!

Mom2Isabel said...

Wow!
Love that shot.
Ironically, I spent almost three hours attching crystals to a chandelier I just bought for my dining room.

(BTW... I am SOo excited to meet everyone in July!)

Hannah said...

That is an amazing shot! It was so great to finally meet you at the walk. I am glad you were able to make it.

I think I favor the color version. It just shines to me.

Jboo said...

Wow!! That is lovely!! I want an espresso martini! :)

Janet

the meaklims said...

Incredible, now wouldn't that be nice in my dining room...other than the fact it would bring the ceiling down?!! :)

Wanda said...

Wow...that is a magnificent chandelier. What a picture. I like the color better too but it's still WOW!

ellieshine said...

ooooohhhhh I love both - the B&W definitely gives it that retro European look! Great composition. (and I'm so jealous about the photo walk!)

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Love this pic in B&W!! And an espresso martinis sounds fabulous!!! Yummy!!!

Julie said...

Wow..that is very impressive and I love it in the black and white!! Just perfect for that picture!!

Jo said...

Lovin the black and white! Love an espresso martini with Godiva Chocolate :)

Jo

Virginia said...

Beautiful! Not sure which is my favorite, looks wonderful both ways.

Gin =)

Denise said...

This is just gorgeous Felicia! I can't wait to meet you in a few weeks~

Marla said...

WOW!!! Such a cool shot Felicia, I LOVE it in b&w. And an espresso martini?!?!?! Sign me up!!!!!

Courtney said...

Great picture. I love it in black and whte.

3 Peanuts said...

That is stunning !!! Really.

paige said...

you are amazing! love that shot, in both color & b/w
i'm so unsophisticated....never have even heard of an espresso martini

Football and Fried Rice said...

I would love to see that when I am in your hood this summer!

Elizabeth said...

i love the balck and white! i signed up for the walk that was close to where i live but was unable to make it. hopefully they will do it again!