There's something about a front porch that says welcome. A southern hospitality that says come on up, relax, stay a while, and sip on a cold beverage.
A place where a sweet brother reads a book to his little sister. A book he purchased (just for her) at his school's Book Fair!


A place where a little girl giggles and shares her dreams with her mom. Casual conversations when time slows down, and nothing else matters.


A place where a little girl giggles and shares her dreams with her mom. Casual conversations when time slows down, and nothing else matters.
A place where family retreats from an early summer rain.
A place I plan to spend lots of time and make lots of memories! When life gets too crazy, go find a front porch :) Hope everyone enjoys their summer!






31 comments:
Looks like a wonderful place to hang out with your beautiful family. Georgeous!
Gin =)
I just love the photos of your son reading to your daughter. So precious!
LOVE the photos..
Looks sooo relaxing..
LOVE IT.
Have a great Memorial Weekend..
hugs..
I love, love, love your front porch! Cute pictures of the kids! We just bought Purplicious at our book fair too. We are donating it to Kamree's daycare in honor of her birthday!
This is so beautiful! I so regret that we have a front stoop instead of a front porch! Your's is certainly lovely...as are your children!
Beautiful! All that's missing is mom and a glass of ice tea:)
My parents added a front porch to their house when I was 10 or 12. I have many wonderful memories on that porch, one even before it was finished.
I have missed you!!! Glad to see you back. Your children are so adorable! I enjoyed seeing the new pictures of them. I love the pictures of your son reading to your daughter. So precious! I love a porch too. They just make you want to sit down and relax and make summer memories. Enjoy your porch this summer. Love & blessings from NC!
Beautiful. LOVE your front porch. And seeing your kiddos reading to each other. Memories in the making for sure.
Enjoy your sweet family and your summer!
Love your porch. It IS welcoming...I would love to be sitting there right now! CUTE kids too!
oh my, the pictures are fabulous.
Lea
xo
Can I just tell you that I LOVE a front porch! It is a MUST have for me. Dave is cleaning and sealing ours as I type. It is not a really deep sitting porch like I had in VA (or like your GORGEOUS porch) but we have front and back ones and we try to use them as much as we can here.
Yours is beautiful!!!!!
You have a beautiful front porch. Love the pictures, especially of big bro' reading to little sis. Those are the things that make for such wonderful memories!
i LOVE Ava's sassy haircut!! And how sweet of Jake to buy her a book! Carter bought Mya 2 Dora books at a used book sale the other day - funny because all they ever do is fight & argue!! I should have blogged about it since the moments are few & far between ;)
Your front porch is amazing, It's the kind of front porch that I drive by & want to ask the people living there if we can take some pictures (my husband will never let me!) Is that strange? We have some neighbors that have a tire swing in the middle of a giant yard; I think that would be great for some pictures too - yeah, still haven't worked up the nerve for that one :-)
Happy Memorial Day!
what a great porch for love, family and making lots and lots of memories
BTW the pictures of your son reading to your daughter is precious
i love the look of a front porch & yours is gorgeous
looks like one right out of a magazine
what a sweet brother
xo
I agree. There is something about a front porch that just makes you slow down and enjoy life a little bit more.
The photos are so sweet, they look like they have such a special relationship.
I hope you can make it this Saturday!
Your porch looks like a great place to hang out. Happy Memorial Day!
I love your front porch...it's so beautiful!!!!!! It looks so cozy : )
Have a wonderful week : )
Love the title of this post and the pictures make me want to sit right down with a cool beverage.
Your son is a sweetheart. I can tell he's a wonderful big brother!
Have a great week!
Felicia, it has been way too long! I loved looking through your blog and thank you for visiting mine again although It seems like I never have the chance to blog any longer.
LOVE, LOVE the front porch pics. I could easily go and hang out without a care in the world. It's lovely!
Such a grown up big brother to think of his little sister and get her a book!! I love that.
Hope your summer is a wonderful one!
OH, I almost forgot. You definitely need to open a business. You have talent girl! I loved the birthday photo's and especially the decorations.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It seems like I am on FB all of the time now.
Sweeeet! What a beautiful porch and such lovely memories you will all be making there! Enjoy your summer!
Janet
Beautiful post!! Love your pics, porch and family moments!!
It is the perfect place to hang out with your precious family!!! So cozy and inviting.....just like the rest of your house:)
Beautiful pics Felicia.....love the new bloggy makeover too!!
Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend!
Lisa
Oh how I love your front porch!! Love the reading shots, they are just too sweet together. Happy Summer, Felicia!!
I am so envious! We have a tiny little thing in the front of our home. Thankfully we have a beautiful patio that my husband build for our family. Your photos are beautiful ~ I'd love to join you for a chat while sitting on your welcoming porch.
Jo
I'm SO behind ~ you're not showing up on my reader.
Such sweet pictures....we love that book and the Pinkalicious one too:)
These are beautiful. I wish I hadn't seen this post - we are househunting and this is my perfect exterior - except I can't find any houses (even to build) that have porches like this (and 5 bedrooms).
You are so blessed to live here!
There is something special about a front porch! We have an old farmhouse style house with a large wrap-around porch and we spend ALL of our time there!
Your pictures tell such a sweet story! Sit back, relax, and continue to take in the priceless moments on your beautiful front porch!
I am soooo glad I found you again. I'm hoots mom. I lost my entire blog this past year and had to start over. I loved reading your blog and I'm so thankful I found you again! Kids are getting BIG!!
The kids look beautiful, and so does that amazing porch!
Post a Comment