Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day we had my sister and parents over.  We grilled pork chops prepared with a chipotle rub, had roasted vegetables, and smoked gouda grits.   I highly recommend a  red wine we had with our meal -  Three Vineyards {Row Eleven} Pinot Noir. It's inexpensive and very, very smooth!! The meal was delish and it was nice to relax and just hang out.

fathersday2010collage

Grandparents1

I feel so blessed to have 2 fathers that love me unconditionally 1) our heavenly father and 2) my earthly father.  And Stu, thank you for being a Godly man that's an amazing Daddy to our children.


For black and white wednesday I had to include this image of my parents with the kids.  They sure do love their Grandma and Poppy!  To view other photography or to participate go HERE


Hope everyone has a blessed week! 

18 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute collage! I am drooling over that food! It looks soooo good!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a precious picture of your children with their grandparents. Glad you had a wonderful Father's Day. Thanks for the tip on the wine. Will try it out. Love & blessings from NC!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I love the collage...and what a beautiful post : )

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

U R definitely blessed!

Lea
xo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Father's Day celebration!! Beautiful pictures.....everything looks DELISH!!! I am going to have to check out that wine:)

Hope you have a great day!!

Lisa

Mom2Isabel said...

The B+W shot of your parents and children is just stunning. It looks like it is from a magazine.

Jboo said...

Beautiful photos and sounds like a beautiful day!

Janet

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Felicia~You are a talented photographer, amazing writer, beautiful decorator, and you cook, too??? Gouda grits? Oh my!!!

I love that you recognized the godly men who emulate God your father.

Beautiful family, beautiful post.

xoxo~
Lisa

Ashley Sisk said...

I love this shot with the grandparents - your kids will treasure it forever.

Carolin said...

Ahhh! Looks like a wonderful Father's Day!

Enjoyed lunch yesterday, we need to do that more often!

Wanda said...

Beautiful, touching post, Felicia.
I love the b&w with your parents. It could be from any decade - timeless!
:)

Gail said...

Heartfelt, beautiful post...and your pictures are stunning Felicia! I adore the black and white of your parents with your 2 cuties.

And thanks for the wine recommendation! sounds great. :)

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Looks like an AMAZING day..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what a beautiful post....you are so very blessed my friend.

Denise said...

These are all great pictures Felicia...looking forward to learning a lot from you next month!!

Marla said...

Such gorgeous shots, all of them! I love your new look too!!

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like a GREAT day!!! I love all of the photos but the one of Jake and Stu laughing is INCREDIBLE.. Really am all time priceless shot!

Julia said...

I just had to go find a recipe for smoked gouda grits, those sounded so yummy! :-)