Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh la la...Mademoiselle Ava is four!!

First, let me start by saying it's been a crazy April and I haven't had time to blog...a good friend had triple by-pass, my mother-in-law had surgery...then a stroke on Good Friday, and April 1st my co-worker was in a horrific motorcycle accident and has been hanging on for dear life.   Praying for healing and recovery for all, and I look forward to catching up with my bloggy friends again.

Secondly, for the past couple of months I've been planning a french inspired party for Ava (which she had this past weekend)!  My little birthday girl, you are precocious, love to draw, talk non-stop, need your sleep like your mamma, and are a lot of spunk in a little package.  We love you to the moon and back.

On a related note, I've been toying with the idea of starting a business that offers party accessories, details and planning.  So warning...this post has lots of pics!


The Birthday GirlFP Bday girl

F-O-U-R
As guests arrived they were greeted by a "FOUR" sign.  I made each letter to look like a piece of candyFP four

The Tableware and Special Waiters
The girls dined outside! I hung a personalized bag on each chair as a place setting and for the girls to carry their favors home in. We had two french waiters: Pierre (aka big brother) and Jean Claude (aka daddy)
FP table
Outdoor Decor
Flowers and Homemade Pom PomsFP flowers
Le Menu
The girls dined on PBandJs, Fleur de lis and French Poodle Jigglers, Ham and Cheese on Croissants, Macaroni and Cheese, and Pink LemonadeFP Food
Birthday Cake
We had cake and cupcakes. I made Ava a little fondant cake that looked like a small round hatFP Cake
Activities
Instead of a cake walk, we did a prize walk and the girls made necklacesFP activities
Friends
Ava thoroughly enjoyed her time with her friends! And loves her french waiters FP friends
Friendship (the sweetest gift)
She was very thankful for all the sweet gifts from her friendsFP opening gifts
The FavorsFP Favors
Ava, Happy Birthday!! I loved planning your special day and am honored to be your mommy. Also, a very special thanks to my friend Melissa, (Over the Moon Photography) for capturing the memories!

25 comments:

JMW said...

What an amazing party! Great decorations and I'm sure fun was had by all. Happy b-day to Miss Ava. And, hope things are getting better for those friends and family who have been ill.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Okay, "I" want a birthday party like that!! It's amazing. Happy Birthday sweet Ava!

~Lynn

Kate said...

C'est tres magnifique!!!

:-)

Gail said...

Well Madamoiselle Ava is the prettiest 4 year old I've seen in a very long time! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! The party looks perfectly lovely....you thought of every single detail.

I hope your friends and relatives are improving.

And your party business sounds wonderful!

Wanda said...

F.E.L.I.C.I.A......oh my goodness. Look at this adorable party.

Oh...excuse me (excusez-moi, where are my manners? Happy Birthday sweet 4 year Ava. There are few four year olds as cute as you with that sweet smile.

Now....ahem. My mind is spinning with sugar-plums and all things girlie and sweet. What beautiful party accessories and decor - your taste is superb. What a spectacular event. Fit for a princess.

C'est un vrai chef d'oeuvre!!!

I'm not sure what your day job is but GIVE it up. This is your calling girl!
:)

(I am sorry to hear of all your troubles of late. What a tough time. I'll be praying for health for all.)

Carolin said...

And what a wonderful party it was! The girls had a blast, thanks so much!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OH WOW.....I am so excited for you to take the plunge into this new venture. HER PARTY LOOKED AMAZING!!! Every detail was just perfect. You have quite a gift Felicia........as already said, quit your day job:)

Miss A looks so precious on her special day. Happy Birthday sweet girl!! Can't wait to see you all next week!!

So sorry for all that your friends and family have gone through these last few weeks. How unfortunate......I hope that everyone is on the mend.

xo,

Lisa

Marla said...

Oh my word! What a perfect little party!! I wish you lived closer, I'd let you plan all of mine! Happy Birthday to Beautiful Ava!

So sorry about your friend, MIL and and co-worker, prayers for all of them!

Kim said...

OMW... BEAUTIFUL party..
How fun..
Love all the great ideas..
Sorry to hear about the rough April..
Hugs..
thinking of you ..

Cindy said...

What beautiful decor and theme.
Great job. She must be a Fancy Nancy fan.
Happy 4th Birthday, Ava!

Cynthia said...

Oh it is just beautiful,,,so sorry we missed the fun..please start your business.....you already have a customer....me

Virginia said...

Ooh la la is right, what a beautiful party! And what a beautiful four year old! Happy birthday Ava!

Gin =)

Jodee said...

Holy cow! What a fabulous party! I love every single detail! I agree with everyone else -- you should quit your day job!

So sorry to hear about your rough April. Hope everyone is on the mend.

Missy said...

Well, I for one, am thoroughly impressed and think you should take the plunge and make that business a reality!

Ava's party was fit for a princess and I know she had a special day. You are such a sweet mommy and the waiters are pretty special, too :)

Prayers for your loved ones!

Hannah said...

Are you kidding me?? That is the coolest party ever!! Sophia's birthday is in September and I have been toying with a black/white/pink party theme....SO amazing.

Cupcakes Soon!!

Shari said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!!

What a wonderful party! My sister started my niece out with fabulous parties at age 3 or 4...At age 5 or 6 they had a Hollywood party with all the girls having handmade "glamour dresses" sunglasses and long gloves, they had it at a local hotel with a fountain. When she was 12 it was Harry Potter and my sister recreated the Candy Store AMAZING! This year Lauren was 16 and we couldn't imagine what my sister had up her sleeve - well she left it to the kids! WHAT?
It was great, Lauren and her friends had fun, but the photos weren't nearly as great;) I think the two of you together could probably out plan ANY Hollywood party planner:)

Amelia BTW had a gymnastics party that took me about 2 hours to plan, buy supplies for and set-up at the gym she took classes at. In fact some of the guest beat me there (they were early!).
I'm not starting what I know I can't continue;)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

could u do my next birthday! this is spectacular. the cake is amazing.

Lea
xo

To The Moon and Back said...

Felicia! Absolutely precious, love it! I haven't visited in a while, we are very discouraged with the current wait time:( Can't believe Ava is 4 already. Happy Birthday!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- what a fabulous party!!!
Gorgeous photos of your sweet girl!
Those waiters are pretty cute too!

Janet

Tracy said...

A party perfect for a princess! Very sweet. Come plan a party for me please.

Bridget said...

What a PERFECT party for your sweet Ava!!! Everything is darling and so well planned out! You should most certainly go into business!!! Looks like the girls had a great time (how could they not?) Happy 4th birthday Ava!!!!

Sue said...

You could not have made that more fabulous if you tried. Amazing!

Great photos and Ava looked adorable.

Sue : )

Sharon said...

OMGosh!! To die for Birthday party!! They really need to put this in a mag!!!!!

Glory said...

I was refered by my friend Sharon (the comment above). She knows I love all things pretty and party related! =) You did a wonderful job! Looks like your little princess had a wonderful day!

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Felcia,

Kate is obsessed with Paris and wants to do a party this year like this....any tips,suggestions you can pass on? I LOVE you french poodle jigglers:)

You did an amazing job!!!

Kim