Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

I've been working on shooting indoor shots in "M"...manual. It just seems much more challenging (to me) than outdoors. In honor of the fastest 2 minutes in sports, on the first Saturday in May....

talkderbytome
To participate or view other black and white photography, go here!

23 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous b&W! I love your tray too! Happy Wednesday!

Christy said...

I've been trying to master my M setting too, lol. Good job!

Marla said...

So cute! I loved all your Derby stuff!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Great shot and contrast!! Good job!!

JinXiu said...

you always come up with the best shots
love it

Missy said...

Hey I think I've seen those goodies while attending this really great cocktail party. The hostess was a doll and made the yummiest, most potent chocolate martinis! You two would hit it off, for sure :)
Love the pic sweet friend!

Courtney said...

Great photo. Enjoy the Derby this weekend!

Wanda said...

That is a very cool shot. Love your "stuff".
:)

Jo said...

Well you already know that I love the tray ;) Good for you for going outside your comfort zone and using "M" setting!

Jo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Fabulous shot Felicia!! Looks to me like you are rockin in Manual!!

Hope you all have fun celebrating the Derby this weekend!! We certainly had fun celebrating it last week with you:) Thanks again for a wonderful night!!

xo,

Lisa

Kam said...

How beautiful! I'm totally diggin' all of your Derby stuff! Do you wear a big ol' hat that day too? I'd love to be in KY one year for it...just to be in the atmosphere would be so cool!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I love it!!!!!! I find indoor pictures to be more challenging too but the more I too this past winter the easier it got..I guess winter was good for one thing and one thing only...it forced me to learn to use my flash and search for light indoors : ) Beautiful B&W shot!!!!

Kayce said...

Absolutely great shot!! Keep having fun with that M setting!

Gail said...

Beautiful black and white Felicia...I agree shooting inside in Manual is a bit of a challenge at times. Have to find the right light.

You know I've never been to the Derby, and always wanted to go someday.

Serline said...

Very nice... where's this place? Like their word play.

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, great B&W. Love the tray and the accessories.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS! And you gotta love the Derby. *grin*

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog! I know I've been here a few times before, so I am going to follow you.

I also have been practicing more with the M setting indoors. It's fun experimenting!

Jboo said...

So cute!! Indoor manual is hard -- your photo is awesome! :)

Happy thursday! :)

Janet

Michelle R Photography said...

This is such a perfect shot for b/w!! Hilarious napkins, too! I bet you threw one heck of a party. You are such a great hostess!!

Eloise said...

What a cool picture! I hope you enjoyed the derby.

Lisa said...

Wow....that's all I can say!!

I sure can't do it that's for certain!

Great concept too! :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool picture!