Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine Quotes

Image from BH &G

For Valentine's Day:
Found these quotes and wanted to share them, as they would be great in
love notes to your spouses, children, significant others....


For you see, each day I love you more

Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. ~Rosemonde Gerard

An old man in love is like a flower in winter. ~Chinese Proverb

Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever. ~Author Unknown

A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you. ~Author Unknown

Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde

Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. ~Robert Browning

Are we not like two volumes of one book? ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

I've fallen in love many times... always with you. ~Author Unknown

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I love thee - I love thee,
'Tis all that I can say
It is my vision in the night,
My dreaming in the day. ~Thomas Hood

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves. ~Latin Proverb

True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach

You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well. ~Author Unknown

Candle light, moon light, star light,
The brightest glow is from love light. ~Grey Livingston

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it. ~Frank A. Clark

Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies. ~Swedish Proverb

Love is not singular except in syllable. ~Marvin Taylor

Love is the poetry of the senses. ~Honoré de Balzac

Come live in my heart and pay no rent. ~Samuel Lover

My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key. ~Frederick Saunders

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi


Humorous Quotes:
What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. ~Pearl Bailey

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? ~Author Unknown

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Author Unknown

I claim there ain't
Another Saint
As great as Valentine. ~Ogden Nash


Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia. ~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

12 comments:

Jodee said...

I enjoyed reading your V-Day quotes! I especially love the lingerie one!

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I loves Valentines! thanks for sharing these.

Lea
xo

Kim said...

Love them..
Thanks for sharing..
Have a Wonderful Sunday..

Marla said...

LOL, those are great! Thanks for posting!

sweet momma luv u said...

Love the quotes!!
Beautiful family.
I came over from Cora's blog.
Jody

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These quotes are great.....I have always loved the Robert Browning one!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Great quotes -- thanks for sharing!

Janet

Sharon said...

Very pretty words! Thanks. I love the picture too. It is so nice to have a national day of PINK! haha

Kate said...

Felicia,

I love quotes...and always get excited when I find one that says what I want...only better. I adore this post and will probably be back to shamelessly borrow one of theses this week!!!

Thanks for doing the legwork, my firend!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I may have to come back when I am looking for something to sweet to sign in my sweetie's card ;=)

Jo said...

These are perfect ~ thanks for sharing them.

Have a great week,
Jo

Lori said...

Oooh, I love this picture...it just about took my breath away!
Such lovely, lovely words too.
Thanks for the little sidebar thingy! :)