Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{semi} black & white wednesday

Ava loves to play with Legos...and I love to watch her build and create.  I smile at her concentration, and the look of determination on her face.  I often wonder if she'll be an engineer when she grows up, as she's very good with puzzles and figuring things out.   She likes to tell me what she wants to be when she grows up.  I know her choice could change often throughout the years, but as long as she wants to dream outloud, I'm happy to listen...

Legos + Ava = sheer happiness
(Processed with Florabella Luxe "London" action but kept the background black and white)
Ava lego2

Focus & Concentration
Ava lego1

To view other black and white photography, or to participate, head over to Lisa's here

19 comments:

Kim said...

Sooooo BEAUTIFUL..
My big kids STILL love legos..
sooo fun.
Have a great week..
Hugs..

Missy said...

Love that little Miss Ava :) Paige wants to be an engineer...maybe they can join forces one day :) Hope you are enjoying your summer. Beautiful pics!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

these are stunning.

Lea
xo

Cindy said...

beautiful!

Love Letters To China said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the post-processing. I just purchased Luxe... can't wait to play around with them.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I need to but legos for my kids. Right now they are loving puzzles but I bet legos would keep them entertained too!

Have a great day!

Christy said...

very pretty!

Amy said...

Love your title for the second one - "Focus & Concentration." She really does look so focused! Your processing is beautiful.

Jo said...

What a cutie ~ honestly, your daughter is just a natural beauty.

Have a wonderful week ~
Jo

JinXiu said...

great photos

i love how she pops in the black and white/ color combo

Kayce said...

Beautiful photos!

Gail said...

Beautifully composed and I love the shallow dof you used Felicia. And of course your subject is one cutie (little miss engineer). I also love how you kept the background bl and white!

Have a great week! :)

Jodee said...

Cute pictures of your little engineer!

Virginia said...

Gosh, she's cute!! Love these photos. Kerry's a huge fan of lego's, and anything else she can stack/build with, too.

Gin =)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love their little serious look when they are concentrating oh so hard! So precious.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL FELICIA!!! She is so darn sweet.... both of my kids were and are big Lego fans too!! It always kept them occupied for HOURS:)

See you next week...can't wait~

Lisa

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I love the mix of color and B&W, Felicia! It is fun to see what our kiddos interests are at such young ages. Ava will love that you took the time to document these moments.

Hope all is well at the FDL cottage.

xoxo~
Lisa

Donna said...

I have a pic of my Maddy playing with big legos like that and she looks like she's building the Great Wall of China. Hee hee... that's what I thought of when I saw Ava's pic! She's so focused! And such a cutie!

See you in a couple of days!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Sharon said...

Just gorgeous!! LOVE these shots and that pretty, pretty littleface. COme let me know if I have gotten away with my latest post when you get a chance, it worries me!! lol