Wednesday, July 28, 2010

B & W Wednesday: One woman's VISION!

It all started with this cute and spunky woman -- Lisa of Visions: A Lifestyle Studio
lisa b and wfinal

My friend Lisa, had a vision to share her wealth of knowledge, with a group of women who share her same passion -- photography.  She conducted her first Photography Workshop this past weekend.  And because of the overwhelming response, Lisa asked Marla to join in and assist.  Not only is Marla a great photographer, she is gorgeous!  I love the way the light illuminates her face in this image!
marlabandw

Fifteen ladies gathered in the quaintest town for a weekend of learning and fun.  

Bethlehem, PA - the perfect setting
z Bethlehem Workshop collage

It was a phenomenal group of ladies...I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the entire group
z Bethlehem Ladies Collage

The workshop was a great combination of classroom time and "field" time where we did a photo shoot with some terrific models

Beautiful Miss "A"
gypsy beauty

Cute as a bug, little Miss "C"
catherine

And this awesome couple
bridelaughing
I had the best roomate. I was so glad to meet Denise. She is kind, warm, beautiful, and a great photographer. I wished we lived closer!
denise wm

If you are interested in learning more about photography and post-processing, I highly recommend Lisa's workshops.  They're a great combination of learning and FUN!!

To participate or view other black and white photography, click here!

23 comments:

Donna said...

You got some truly fantastic photos! It was really nice to meet you last weekend! :)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Anonymous said...

very nice photos. I am enjoying seeing everything from the workshop. It is so neat to see the same subjects, but different points of view.

You do very nice work!

Denise said...

Aww... Felicia, I told my husband the very same things about you! Your pictures are amazing~

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

sounds and looks perfect!

lea
xo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job you did! You take fabulous pictures and I'm so glad I got to meet you!

Gail said...

I love seeing what you captured Felicia...you have a great eye btw!
These are all stunning!!!

Lisa is a wonderful person isn't she?

Have a great week!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I am so glad that you had a great time! You ladies were adorable all shooting your models - I am glad you enjoyed it & know you learned a ton!!

Kim said...

So glad you had a wonderful weekend!! Yes, I must admit I'm jealous!

Carolin said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Felicia~I love all your pictures! Your warmth and beauty oozes through them. I got a little teary when I saw your Bethlehem collage. I used to drive through Bethlehem on my way to college and I know I never stopped and appreciated the gem of a town it is. Now I live so far away and long for beautiful landmarks like the ones in Bethlehem. You have a wonderful way of bringing the overlooked to the forefront!

You did superb, my friend!

Love~
Lisa

Wanda said...

Wow, Felicia - awesome shots. You have a very good eye.

Loved finally meeting you - can't wait to do it again!
xoxo (Je t'aime tellement forte!)
:)

Anonymous said...

You captured some fantastic moments! That picture of Lisa and Marla are just stunning! It was so nice to meet you and the rest of the lovely ladies!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures : ) So much fun to meet you in person after knowing you via your blog for a while : )

Happy shooting!

ellieshine said...

Wow, these are fantastic! I love them all - your collage is perfect. That wedding couple photo is brilliant!

Marla said...

It was awesome to see you again Felicia! You have such a great artistic eye, and I love to see that come through your photography. Thank you for the sweet compliments!

Jboo said...

Wow -- sounds like so much fun! Your photos are gorgeous! Wish I could have been there too!

Janet

The OriginalPsyn said...

Beautiful shots.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Felicia,

WOWZA.....FABULOUS PHOTOS and such a sweet sweet post. You have always had quite an eye, but you have taken your photography to a whole new level.

I am so glad you were able to make the trip, I always enjoy seeing you and hope that I will be heading your way very soon!! We need to share some more vapory martinis:)

xoxo,

Lisa

Freckles & Dimples Photography said...

Great shots!! it was really nice meeting you, too.

3 Peanuts said...

These are beautiful Felicia!!! Isn't Denise fabulous? I hated to leave VA and move away from her. She told me that she thought you and I would be great friends too:)

Mary Lou said...

Great Photos. I wish I'd been there.
thanks for visiting me and commenting today.

Jo said...

Your photos are AMAZING! What a fabulous gathering of all sorts ~ I'm so envious!

Jo

Leslie said...

Beautiful photography Felicia! You are doing an amazing job! I would love to meet Denise too (and you too!) what a fun weekend! I need to get re-focused on my photography, that is my goal for my 40's!!!