Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grandpa

My grandfather would have been 99 years old tomorrow. He was spunky and lived independently until February of this year. He was a fitness and health fanatic! I believe (along with being blessed with good genes) this attributed to his long life. However, in the past few months, his health had really deteriorated. While visiting him in the nursing home, he said "I'm just so tired, I would just like to go to sleep and float away". Well, he passed away this morning. So Grandpa, may you be floating peacefully in the arms of God.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Awwee, I'm so sorry to see this post Felicia. I know you loved him very much. You guys are in our prayers.

Carolin said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Felicia. He must have been a remarkable man. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so sorry Felicia.....your grandfather sounded like a wonderful man.

I will be thinking of you and your family.

Lisa

Amanda said...

We will be praying for your family, I'm sorry to hear about your loss

Framed by Grace said...

I am sure he is dancing in heaven. I am sorry for your loss-my thoughts are with you!

Jboo said...

I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he had a wonderful, long, happy life. Thinking of you and your family. Take care.

Janet

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, 99!! Inspires me to pick up my exercise routine again! What a sweet remembrance of your grandfather!!!

Deb said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather Felicia! What an inspiration he was! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Michelle R Photography said...

Felicia,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. As your family gathers tomorrow, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending love and hugs,
Michelle

Marla said...

How great your Grandpa will be spending this Thanksgiving in heaven. I'm sure he's smiling down on his family that loves him.

3 Peanuts said...

I am so sorry for you loss! He sounds like a wonderful man.

Kim

Linda said...

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather as we were just recently talking about him. But it certainly sounds as if you had some wonderful years with him which has created beautiful memories. Linda