Friday, November 27, 2009

Ava's Big Girl Room

We moved 2.5 weeks ago....since Jake got our old bed, Jake handed his bed down to Ava.   With a new coat of white paint, it has become a girly girl bed.  Her room is a work in progress, as is her Christmas tree, but here is a sneak peek!
My creation
I want to find some green Waverly fabric like the pillow to cover her stool at the foot of the bed.
Ava full view
Here's her little tree! I want to add a few European glass ornaments to finish it off.
Ava's tree

28 comments:

Virginia said...

Wow! That is one fantastic room! It looks great. I'm glad to see you've been able to get settled in to your new home. Can't wait to see that else you've been up to.

Gin =)

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What an adorable room!!! I know Ava is proud of it. I sure would be. Hope you are getting settled in the rest of the house. Love & blessings from NC!

Shari said...

You have the touch! It is gorgeous!

Jo said...

It's all adorable ~ her bed is beautiful!

Jo

Football and Fried Rice said...

It's adorable already & you just moved!!! I love Miss Ava's tree to - too cute!! can't wait for the stool project ;)

Gail said...

Adorable! Love the pink, black and white. Sounds like the move went well and you're getting settled, just in time for the holidays!

Courtney said...

I love the room. I am so amazed that it looks this good after 2 1/2 weeks of moving into a new house!

Wanda said...

Oh Felicia.....get out of my head. (Said with love.) We have such similar taste.

I adore Ava's room. It's gorgeous -she must feel like a princess (if she didn't before!)

Hope you're settling in well. Moving on top of the Holidays must have been a challenge. I'm looking forward to more peeks in your new home.

Wanda (at Last...)

3 Peanuts said...

Her room looks darling. We have been here a year and I still have not "decorated" Kate's big girl room. When you have a chance, e-mail me your new address for a Christmas card:)

Kim

jennifer said...

That is adorable!! So cute!

day by day said...

soooo pretty and very girly girl!!!! Glad to see you are getting settled in your new home....I know how much work moving is!

hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

love,
Michelle

Hannah said...

I love it! That bed is amazing too.

Sophia is getting a white Christmas tree too.

Jodee said...

You have fabulous taste! I love, love, love Ava's new room! Cute tree too!

Kim said...

What a adorable girly girl room!

Hope your move went well and your settling in nicely.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I my heavens....what a gorgeous room! I can't believe it...it looks like something out of a magazine...great job!!!

Jennifer said...

So cute! I can't wait to get home and start decorating Landree's room-I feel a little overwhelmed with all the decorating that needs to be done.

Kim said...

LOVE IT....
Great job on Ava's room.. looks amazing..
Have a great week...

Jboo said...

Wow -- it is so beautiful! Happy unpacking -- you must be doing a great job to have so much accomplished already!

Janet

Sue said...

Love the wall color! Fabulous! I'm redoing Alexa's room in Feb. for her birthday so love the inspiration. : )

Sue

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Felicia:)

Ava's room is DARLING.....I love everything about it......right down to her little white and pink Christmas tree!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving holiday:)

xo,

Lisa

Carolin said...

Absolutely adorable Felicia!!! Can only imagine how tickled she must be with it!

Can't wait to see more of your new home!

Amanda said...

Very girly!!! I bet she just loves it!

Marla said...

Wow, you never cease to amaze me! It all looks great!

JinXiu said...

its georgous

wow

Cindy said...

What an awesome room. I love the colors. great eye on decorating.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

All I can say is 'wow' what a room... love it...

CarolinaGirl said...

Oh my, I could sit in there all day! What a lucky little girl!

Michelle R Photography said...

I had no doubt her new room would be adorable!! I just knew you'd have it looking so great! I love the b/w and pink theme. Very chic. And a perfect place to throw in a panda bear. So cute!!

p.s. Loved Jake's book castles, too. He's creative just like his mom!